Urine Trouble Now: Guelph Man’s Bus Misadventure Leads to Criminal Charges



Arrest after urinating on bus

A Guelph man faces criminal charges after urinating inside a Guelph Transit bus Monday morning.

Approximately 7:35 a.m. a man boarded a bus in the west end through the back door. As the bus neared the stop at Imperial Road South and Paisley Road, the man walked toward the front of the bus and urinated on the fare box before exiting. The bus was taken out of service for cleaning.

Nearly two hours later, the same operator was driving a different bus when the same male boarded where he had previously got off. He refused to exit the bus and was located a short time later by officers.

A 33-year-old Guelph man is charged with mischief under $5,000 and breaching a probation order. He was held for a bail hearing Wednesday.

120 feet of copper stolen

The Guelph Police Service is investigating after approximately 120 feet of copper wire was stolen from a south-end construction site.

Police were called Monday morning to the area of Gordon Street and Gosling Gardens. The site supervisor had arrived to find suspects entered the building under construction over the weekend and used an unknown tool to remove wire from a furnace that was being installed.

The theft remains under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Constable Mike Nixon at 519-824-1212, ext. 7028, email him at [email protected], leave an anonymous message for Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or leave an anonymous tip online at www.csgw.tips.

Man drinking in vehicle arrested for impaired

A Guelph man faces an impaired driving charge after he was located drinking in his vehicle Monday evening while waiting for his wife outside Guelph General Hospital.

Officers were dispatched to the Delhi Street facility just after 7 p.m. As officers arrived they saw the man get out of the driver’s seat and attempt to walk away. He registered a fail on a roadside breath test and was transported to the police station, where further testing showed he had nearly twice the legal amount of alcohol in his system.

A 44-year-old Guelph man is charged with impaired operation.

Approximately 2:45 a.m. Tuesday, police were notified of a possible impaired driver downtown. Officers located the vehicle and spoke to the female driver, who appeared confused and had an odour of alcohol on her breath.

She was arrested and transported to the police station, where she repeatedly refused to provide a breath sample. A 29-year-old Guelph woman is charged with impaired operation and refusing a breath sample.

Both drivers had their licences suspended for 90 days and their vehicles impounded for seven days. Both were released with upcoming court dates.

The Guelph Police Service would like to encourage the public to always consume alcohol and cannabis responsibly. Please don’t drive if you are going to consume alcohol or cannabis, and please ensure that you plan ahead so that you have a safe ride home. Anyone who spots a suspected impaired driver is asked to immediately call 911.

Total calls for service in the last 24 hours – 200